HOLLYWOOD FIELD TRIP
Dates: 14th April, 2012 - 21st April, 2012.
Where: Los Angeles, CA.
The photo gallery requires at least Flash 9.0.28!
Please install the current FlashPlayer.
Do you feel like Hollywood is too impossible of a dream? Do you not have the foggiest idea of where to start to make that dream a
The Hollywood Field Trip offers a unique experience for filmmakers. We take a select few (no more than 6 filmmakers, writers and producers) and deliver a hands on, fully guided introduction into the Hollywood film business. That's SIX intensive days in LA.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US ON OUR NEXT HOLLYWOOD FIELD TRIP PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING:
Due to the competitive nature of the spots available, we need to ensure that all interested parties meet the minimum professional requirements in order to partake on the Field Trip. Please email Genevieve at email@example.com with your background/resume/details. If you have any questions in whether you would qualify, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Writers: You must have at least completed one feature screenplay or teleplay; and have other projects to pitch executives.
For Filmmakers: You must have produced one short film, or one feature film, or one television programme; and have at least one project to pitch executives.
For Producers: You must have worked on one short film or one feature film, or one television programme; and have at least one project to pitch executives.
Reviews from our 1st Field Trip are in!
"The Hollywood Field Trip is essential for anyone who's serious about breaking into the film business in L.A. The contacts, knowledge and experience crammed into a week is worth its weight in platinum. After my one week, I'm now in contact with a great literary agent in L.A and in discussions with regards to representation. "
Jonathan Turner, screenwriter
"I wanted to say thank you so much for an incredible week - it far surpassed my expectations and re-booted my brain & my soul! You are a force de majure! You have so much respect from your peers and hard earned kudos - thanks for generously sprinkling a little bit of your stardust our way - it's brought me back to life! "
Pearl Mina, screenwriter/producer
"Getting your foot through the door is half the battle, and we all had two feet placed well inside some of the top industry offices. Our hosts were very hospitable and helpful, and stretched beyond duty, involving themselves with our work. This is the place where business gets done, not talked about, and this is the road in."
Susan Douglas, Producer
How Do I Benefit?
- Meet Hollywood's most in demand immigration lawyer: Find out what you need to get a visa to move to LA, how to go about getting sponsorship and how to actually make it happen.
- Meet top Hollywood agents.
- Meet top Hollywood managers.
- Meet top writers, directors and producers working day in and day out in the studio system.
- Meet top entertainment lawyers: Find out how they can help you and why they’re needed.
- Meet top feature film casting directors.
- Meet Film LA: Discuss shooting in Los Angeles, permits, insurance, fees.
- Receive top pitching tips to prepare you so you’re ready to give your best pitch in the room.
- Meet top Hollywood producers: Present and pitch your projects face to face with Hollywood executives behind movies such as BATMAN, ELF, MARMADUKE.
- Familiarize yourself with Los Angeles, visit one of the major studios and get an in-depth overview of the Hollywood business.
Who did we meet?
Here were our speakers for the April program:
Gloria Fan - Production Executive, Mosaic Media Group
Erika Schimik - Senior Vice President Marketing, Lions Gate
Harry Gregson-Williams - Film composer
Elisabeth Beauregard Rose - Senior Vice President, Lakeshore Entertainment
Emily Schweber - Casting Director
Bernie Sidman - Immigration Lawyer
Lynette Howell - Producer Silverwood Films
Tariq Jalil - Producer, Intrigue Entertainment
Todd Hoffman - ICM agency
Alex Brunner - Production Executive, Exclusive Media Group
Laura Hopper - Manager.
Brian Dreyfuss - Featured Artists Agency.